When it comes down to making an informed choice about how and what to wear and when to wear it, we’re your best resource. If you’re looking for 100% cotton clothing, you’re in the right place.
We’re all about 100% cotton and we have good reasons for it - as it turns out, cotton is not just a wonderful fabric with a lot of functionality. On the matter of fashion, there’s a lot you can do with 100% pure cotton clothing like some of our highlights, beyond what even seems apparent at first sight!
A Heavy Hoodie: The Miracle of Modern Fashion and Function
First up, we’re going to dive into a heavy hoodie like any of the many highlights from our online store. Hoodies are some of the most versatile pieces of clothing in our store - they might even be called the most versatile of them all, and there’s a good reason for it.
You’re not limited by a heavy hoodie, or by style for that matter. Check out some of the following fashion ideas we have in store for those of you who would see what you can do with a hoodie or a sweatshirt from our collection.
- Work out
In the first place, sweatshirts and other heavy cotton clothing make great gym clothing, and for so many reasons. Of course, they’re luxuriously comfortable, and everyone likes to be comfortable even when they’re working up a pump.
Naturally, you wouldn’t want to wear your fanciest French Terry sweatshirt at the gym, but many of our sweatshirts make great athletic clothing nonetheless, whether you wear them lifting weights or when you’re jogging.
Cotton is soft, comfortable, and breathable, so you’ll stay cool and dry. Or, you can layer up to help get a good sweat going at the gym! That is their namesake, after all.
- Relax around the home
A hoodie or a sweatshirt from our collection - any of them - is also great just for lounging around the home. Heavy, durable, and comfortable one of our hooded sweatshirts is tops for lounging around on your day off, unwinding at night after work, or just taking a break.
When you’re at your leisure, it’s more about comfort than it is about fashion, but lucky for you, a hooded sweatshirt from Just Sweatshirts gives you both!
- Layer up
Hopefully, we weren’t the ones to break this news to you, but the original use of a sweatshirt was to give you an additional layer of warmth. As cotton is both soft and natural material, it makes great fabrics for insulation, and since it’s also breathable it’s great for when the temperatures start to climb as well.
Still, the first order of business is staying warm in the cold, and a hoodie is great for that, especially a luxuriously warm and soft heavy hoodie. Bring one out in the snow and layer up with one and you’ll be wondering how you ever cozied up with anything else before!
- High fashion
There’s more good news - a 100% cotton hoodie is also great for making waves from a fashion perspective. Here are some of the ways you can use a cotton hoodie or pair one up with other styles to make an impression.
- Hoodie and blazer or jacket - Believe it or not, some modern schools of fashion have been open to incorporating hoodies into formal looks, which is both surprising because it changes up the game and surprising cause it looks really good. Pair up a plain neutral colored hood with a suit jacket or a blazer and you’ll love the effect. Just stay away from decals, graphics, and overt drawstrings and you’ll be amazed!
- Hoodie with slacks and dress shoes - Similarly, you can pair up a plain cotton hoodie, preferably in muted or neutral tones, and wear it over a pair of slacks or dress pants and nice shoes. You don’t have to dress to the nines with a pair of patent leather wingtips; saddle shoes will suffice, and again, the effect will be surprisingly impressive. Just try it and see for yourself.
- Get creative - These are just two of the more effective and mainstream ways in which cotton hoodies have been accepted into the world of high fashion. Sure, they used to be thought of as appropriate only as loungewear or as a layer, but today you’re bounded only by your creativity. Plus, check out our PRIVÉ collection, our Crewnecks, and our other Hoodies to see what you can do with them!
Sweatpants Aren’t Far Behind
While it’s no surprise you can exhibit a lot of flexibility when you style with one of our hoodies, even bordering on formal wear, you can pull off nearly as much with an otherwise unassuming pair of sweatpants. Who knows, since imagination reigns in this matter, maybe you can do more than we even expected!
Nonetheless, here are some of the activities and situations for which 100% cotton sweatpants are great.
- Recreational activities - Need a quick solution that will keep you warm and comfortable, or perhaps cool and comfortable, when you’re out with friends? Perhaps you need a pair of pants to keep you comfortable at the gym? When you’re in the yard doing work?
Whatever you need them for, a comfortable pair of 100% cotton sweatpants will not let you down. Comfortable, breathable, practical, you can do almost as much with sweatpants as you can with a hoodie, and in today’s day and age, they’re not reserved for leisurewear only!
- Also great for relaxing around the home - Still, if you need a pair of pants for lounging around the home, sweatpants are tops. There’s a reason so many people wear them when they’re hanging around. Comfortable and cozy, sweatpants are ideal for unwinding when you’re around your home.
- The perfect athleisure solution - Athleisure; it’s a modern portmanteau of athletics and leisure and connotes the gray area that exists in apparel between the two. You need to be comfortable, dry, and cool when you’re working out, but you always want the flexibility to wear the same clothing elsewhere. It prevents you from needing to change too often throughout the day. Looking for the perfect athleisure solution you can throw in your pack so you’re ready for the gym but also whatever happens later? Sweatpants are the answer.
- Hit the town - As we mentioned, in the modern era you can break out styles for fashion that might have been taboo at previous times. Sweatpants, like sweatshirts, were once thought of only as loungewear or gym clothing, but today, anything goes, with a little creativity, at least.
Dress up in your favorite tee and set the foundation with a matching or compatible pair of sweats before you head out with friends for a meal or shopping. Mix and match for success; you’ll be surprised how easy it is, even with little more than a pair of sweatpants.
A 100% Cotton T-Shirt Isn’t Half Bad Either
Just like cotton sweatpants and cotton hoodies, you can wear a 100% cotton t-shirt to marvelous effect. In a lot of ways, the very nature of a cotton t-shirt will make it even more versatile than either of these previous options, not to mention how it can be paired with them.
You can work a cotton t-shirt into an outfit in an almost endless number of ways. Luckily, there are so many practical reasons to do so as well.
- Get the best sleep you’ve ever had - For one thing, if you switch over to 100% cotton clothing for your sleepwear, you just might get the best sleep you’ve ever had. This is the same reason that the best sheets are made from 100% cotton, often organic cotton. Soft, warm, comfortable, and breathable, cotton does not faster microbial growth and helps you stay dry and comfortable all night long. Switch to a 100% cotton t-shirt and experience the difference.
- Wear it as a base layer for comfort - On the flipside, cotton is also a great insulator in the cold, so you can wear a cotton t-shirt as a base layer in the cold before layering up. You’ll be surprised how warm you stay.
- Keep cool in the heat - By contrast, since cotton is so breathable, a cotton t-shirt makes an excellent choice for wearing through the summer months, especially if it’s very hot - you’ll need a garment that can keep you dry.
- Mix and match - Finally, there’s a lot of flexibility with what you can do with 100% pure cotton clothing like an all-cotton t-shirt. Wear one over your favorite jeans. Wear it as an undergarment under your formal clothes. Simply find a cut in our collection that fits you well and rock that. The choices, like in other areas, are endless!
100% Cotton Clothing vs. Synthetics
In case you were wondering, there are more reasons than style alone to choose to fill out your wardrobe with 100% cotton garments instead of synthetics or synthetic blends. Here are some of the best of them.
- Cotton is breathable - For one thing, as we have mentioned several times, cotton fibers are breathable, which allows your skin to breathe as well. Most importantly, this enables you to stay dry in the heat, but it also means that cotton is a great fabric for all seasons.
- Cotton is renewable and sustainable - Since cotton is grown, it can be reproduced and harvested year after year, without having a negative impact on the environment. Many other fibers, including all synthetics, need to be produced artificially. Worst of all, in addition to the fact that this means they are not renewable, many of them also don’t biodegrade or take a long time to do so.
- Cotton is hypoallergenic - Cotton is also hypoallergenic and does not foster microbial growth, which means it is great for people with allergies or with sensitive skin.
- Cotton is extremely soft and comfortable - Naturally, cotton is also luxuriously soft and comfortable, which is great for all-season wear but also for wearing with other clothing or to serve as a buffer underneath less than comfortable layers.
- Cotton won’t hang onto odors - Unlike many synthetic fibers, cotton will not hang onto odors. That means with routine washing and with reasonable care, your cotton clothing will stand up very well to use and will be able to keep fresh. Most other synthetics cannot claim the same.
- Less static with cotton! - It’s been claimed that cotton, since it is not polarized and will not hold an electric charge, does not produce static cling. If you’ve experienced this sensation with “cotton” garments before, the culprit was more than likely the synthetic blend that was mixed in with the cotton. If you need a break from static, go with cotton!
Those are some of the chief benefits of sticking with 100% cotton clothing, but here are some of the unique benefits of choosing us when you’re looking for a way to revitalize your wardrobe!
- No more pilling - We use only ring-spun cotton fabric in the creation of our handcrafted garments, so pilling is a thing of the past. For you, that means no more annoying texture or shaving aging fabrics!
- No more shrinking - In addition, our fabrics are pre-shrunk prior to cutting, so our garments are better able to stand up to hard use and repeated washings without shrinking!
- Diverse styles - Finally, we offer a wide range of styles in clothing in our online shop so as to better serve our customers and appeal to a larger range of tastes. Check them out via the links above and call us up if you have any questions.
Call Us or Follow Us!
We strive not only for the ultimate experience in comfort but also for the ultimate customer experience. Give us a call anytime you have any questions at all and we’ll help you out with an answer! Reach us at 1-866-888-5878.